Survivor season cancelled after contestant dies
A 25-year-old contestant on the French adaptation of hit reality show Survivor has died during filming in Cambodia.
Production of the 2013 season of the show, called Koh-Lanta, has since been cancelled. "It is not really a question," said a spokesman for Channel TF1, stating all the contestants have been flown back to France.
According to The Hollywood Reporter, the contestant, Gerald Babin, died on day one of filming following a tug-of-war segment.
He apparently complained of cramps in his arms during the segment and was attended by a medic on the scene. He was then flown to a nearby hospital but suffered a series of cardiac arrests during the transfer.
"Adventure Line... read more
Most read news
- 00:09 Jo-Wilfried Tsonga's epic serve fail against Andy Murray in US Open
- 00:00 Wall Street closed for holiday, euro manufacturing weakens
- 23:55 Lightning sign WNBA guard Kelly Faris to replace injured Natalie...
- 23:55 Pies coach Nathan Buckley tells fans Collingwood among rebuilding...
- 23:54 Jane Caro compares housewives to prostitutes on ABC's Q&A program
- 23:45 Peter Moody import Kitten On The Run put down after trackwork incident
- 23:39 Ricky Gervais slammed over joke about nude photo hacking scandal
- 23:18 Spring Racing Carnival: Kyly Clarke's the first fashionista filly...
- 22:43 Referee Ben Cummins to escape sin bin for Brisbane Broncos blunder
- 22:39 Marathon baseball game lasts 4 days and 50 innings - with just two...