Survivor season cancelled after contestant dies
A 25-year-old contestant on the French adaptation of hit reality show Survivor has died during filming in Cambodia.
Production of the 2013 season of the show, called Koh-Lanta, has since been cancelled. "It is not really a question," said a spokesman for Channel TF1, stating all the contestants have been flown back to France.
According to The Hollywood Reporter, the contestant, Gerald Babin, died on day one of filming following a tug-of-war segment.
He apparently complained of cramps in his arms during the segment and was attended by a medic on the scene. He was then flown to a nearby hospital but suffered a series of cardiac arrests during the transfer.
"Adventure Line... read more
Most read news
- 06:36 Marbella identical twins Emma and Sara Koponen to be identical dolls
- 06:36 NRC semi-finals preview: Clubs name matchday squads for knockout...
- 06:26 Australia v Pakistan 2014: live blog of day two of first Test in Dubai
- 06:26 Brisbane coach Mike Mulvey set for Roar milestone in A-League clash...
- 06:16 Marabella identical twins Emma and Sara Koponen to be identical dolls
- 06:16 Why Stephanie Gilmore should be every young woman's role model
- 05:55 Mark Hunt has to drop 20kg in 22 days for UFC 180
- 05:55 Aussie NBA player Matthew Dellavedova on what it's like sharing a...
- 05:55 Kansas City Royals level World Series at 1-1 after beating San...
- 05:46 Beat the bookmaker with our experts' best-value Saturday bets...