Survivor season cancelled after contestant dies
A 25-year-old contestant on the French adaptation of hit reality show Survivor has died during filming in Cambodia.
Production of the 2013 season of the show, called Koh-Lanta, has since been cancelled. "It is not really a question," said a spokesman for Channel TF1, stating all the contestants have been flown back to France.
According to The Hollywood Reporter, the contestant, Gerald Babin, died on day one of filming following a tug-of-war segment.
He apparently complained of cramps in his arms during the segment and was attended by a medic on the scene. He was then flown to a nearby hospital but suffered a series of cardiac arrests during the transfer.
"Adventure Line... read more
Most read news
- 21:59 World record for women's relay team in Glasgow, McKeon's claim more...
- 21:52 Three people shot at Pennsylvania's Mercy Fitzgerald Hospital
- 21:16 Aussies smash Bradley Wiggins-led Poms in team pursuit cycling at...
- 21:16 Emma McKeon wins gold in Glasgow to keep family tradition alive and...
- 21:12 Melissa McCarthy, Jenny McCarthy reportedly locked in family feud
- 21:12 Proud mum Kim Kardashian says daughter North West has taken her...
- 21:09 To become a legend you must beat a legend. Our Zac Purton has done it
- 20:48 Anna Meares burns up Sir Chris Hoy velodrome to claim time trial...
- 20:31 David Horsey leads by one shot at Russian Open, Jack Wilson falls...
- 20:07 Chelsea's Frank Lampard signs on for Major League Soccer for New...