Survivor season cancelled after contestant dies
A 25-year-old contestant on the French adaptation of hit reality show Survivor has died during filming in Cambodia.
Production of the 2013 season of the show, called Koh-Lanta, has since been cancelled. "It is not really a question," said a spokesman for Channel TF1, stating all the contestants have been flown back to France.
According to The Hollywood Reporter, the contestant, Gerald Babin, died on day one of filming following a tug-of-war segment.
He apparently complained of cramps in his arms during the segment and was attended by a medic on the scene. He was then flown to a nearby hospital but suffered a series of cardiac arrests during the transfer.
"Adventure Line... read more
Most read news
- 20:44 Protesters try to storm Pakistan Prime Minster Nawaz Sharif's home
- 19:42 Dragic brothers slay Boomers opening night hopes at FIBA World Cup
- 19:30 Beach diggers Kevin Wood, Kirsty Henderson and Megan Henderson...
- 19:30 Lithuanian President Dalia Grybauskaite says Russia is "practically...
- 19:11 India spin to win against England in third ODI
- 18:48 Saudi King Abdullah warns of terrorist threat to Europe, United States
- 18:22 Bronze for Aussie men's coxless four at world rowing championships...
- 18:12 Gulf monarchies condemn Islamic State
- 16:59 Rebuilding Gaza after war between Hamas and Israel "will take 20...
- 16:26 Prolific striker Shane Smeltz says Sydney FC is perfect place to...