Survivor season cancelled after contestant dies
A 25-year-old contestant on the French adaptation of hit reality show Survivor has died during filming in Cambodia.
Production of the 2013 season of the show, called Koh-Lanta, has since been cancelled. "It is not really a question," said a spokesman for Channel TF1, stating all the contestants have been flown back to France.
According to The Hollywood Reporter, the contestant, Gerald Babin, died on day one of filming following a tug-of-war segment.
He apparently complained of cramps in his arms during the segment and was attended by a medic on the scene. He was then flown to a nearby hospital but suffered a series of cardiac arrests during the transfer.
"Adventure Line... read more
Most read news
- 03:48 Leg amputee Josh Sundquist dresses as a foosball player for Halloween
- 03:48 Four Nations 2014: Live coverage of New Zealand v Samoa
- 03:48 Wakeful Stakes 2014: Thunder Lady makes mark on racetrack and...
- 03:40 Environmentalists look for way forward after Antarctic fisheries...
- 03:24 Misbah ul-Haq plays "reverse, reverse sweep' shot against Australia...
- 03:08 Bachelor Blake and Sam Frost's Derby Day run-in
- 02:38 Quade Cooper returns to Wallaby first XV with new tricks
- 02:06 Melbourne Cup 2014: Green Moon ruled out of Tuesday's big race with...
- 02:06 Flemington: Thunder Lady makes easy work of Wakeful Stakes rivals
- 01:41 Wanderers v Al Hilal: Brendon Santalab confident of starring in ACL...