Survivor season cancelled after contestant dies
A 25-year-old contestant on the French adaptation of hit reality show Survivor has died during filming in Cambodia.
Production of the 2013 season of the show, called Koh-Lanta, has since been cancelled. "It is not really a question," said a spokesman for Channel TF1, stating all the contestants have been flown back to France.
According to The Hollywood Reporter, the contestant, Gerald Babin, died on day one of filming following a tug-of-war segment.
He apparently complained of cramps in his arms during the segment and was attended by a medic on the scene. He was then flown to a nearby hospital but suffered a series of cardiac arrests during the transfer.
"Adventure Line... read more
Most read news
- 03:14 Hamilton Island vs. Hayman Island? Which Whitsunday Island is the...
- 03:10 Big international program robsA-League clubs of key players
- 02:47 The Last Say with Ray Thomas: Rosehill Gardens and Moonee Valley
- 02:43 Dan Carter could be the NSW Waratahs' worst nightmare against the...
- 02:43 The Last Say with Daily Telegraph racing editor Ray Thomas for all...
- 02:40 Rolf Harris spat at in Bullingdon's mens prison in Oxfordshire
- 02:40 Neil Patrick Harris posts nude selfie after performing in Broadway...
- 02:06 Australia in the grip of a "new stolen generation', indigenous...
- 01:49 Wallaroos defeat South Africa in Women's Rugby World Cup opener
- 01:34 Under the Kilt: Selfie with Jamaican sprint king Usain Bolt costs...