Stewards to introduce stricter rules on social media use in racing industry
STEWARDS are looking at introducing stricter rules regarding the inappropriate use of social media in the future.
Racing Victoria Chief steward Terry Bailey said this was one of the matters which was discussed at this week's National Stewards Conference in Melbourne which would be forwarded to the Australian Racing Board.
"It's becoming more frequent and we'd like to introduce it as a specific rule of racing," Bailey said.
Bailey said they would like to introduce a more specific rule which included fines and suspensions.
"In Victoria we have a detailed policy outlining but nationally there have been several incidents of misuse of social media."
Bailey said the... read more
Most read news
- 10:14 How Chris Hemsworth blazed a trail from Home and Away to Hollywood
- 10:10 Victoria Derby 2014: Gai Waterhouse is convinced Hampton Court will...
- 10:10 Melbourne Cup 2014: Red Cadeaux lines up for fourth straight raid...
- 10:10 Sam Burgess says friendship with Russell Crowe will continue as he...
- 10:10 Derby Day 2014: Rich Enuff to race on at least until the end of...
- 09:44 Kane Cornes says AFL football is more entertaining today than 10...
- 09:42 Chris Waller says local trainers should focus on the Victoria Derby...
- 09:42 Adelaide trainer Lloyd Kennewell acknowledges talent of Tildy Lad
- 09:42 Michelangelo Rucci nominates his top 10 clashes of AFL Season 2015
- 09:11 Wanderers v Al Hilal: Riyadh a dust bowl city with precious little...