Stewards to introduce stricter rules on social media use in racing industry
STEWARDS are looking at introducing stricter rules regarding the inappropriate use of social media in the future.
Racing Victoria Chief steward Terry Bailey said this was one of the matters which was discussed at this week's National Stewards Conference in Melbourne which would be forwarded to the Australian Racing Board.
"It's becoming more frequent and we'd like to introduce it as a specific rule of racing," Bailey said.
Bailey said they would like to introduce a more specific rule which included fines and suspensions.
"In Victoria we have a detailed policy outlining but nationally there have been several incidents of misuse of social media."
Bailey said the... read more
Most read news
- 18:53 Sharon Stone acted like a diva on Golden Boy set, filmmakers say
- 18:53 Lady Gaga and Tony Bennett reveal how they met
- 18:22 What's top of Oprah Winfrey's bucket list?... truffle hunting
- 18:14 Orica-GreenEDGE wins second silver medal for Australia at cycling...
- 17:55 Miley Cyrus posts pics of her baby face superimposed on to raunchy...
- 17:23 Caroline Garcia knocks Venus Williams out of Wuhan Open in first round
- 15:58 Daniel Ricciardo finishes third in Singapore as Lewis Hamilton wins...
- 15:07 Penrith captain Kevin Kingston defies the odds to return from...
- 15:07 North Queensland half Robert Lui confident of carrying form into...
- 15:07 Ashton Sims ready for Super League but could be set for future NRL...