Stewards to introduce stricter rules on social media use in racing industry
STEWARDS are looking at introducing stricter rules regarding the inappropriate use of social media in the future.
Racing Victoria Chief steward Terry Bailey said this was one of the matters which was discussed at this week's National Stewards Conference in Melbourne which would be forwarded to the Australian Racing Board.
"It's becoming more frequent and we'd like to introduce it as a specific rule of racing," Bailey said.
Bailey said they would like to introduce a more specific rule which included fines and suspensions.
"In Victoria we have a detailed policy outlining but nationally there have been several incidents of misuse of social media."
Bailey said the... read more
Most read news
- 05:01 Mark Wahlberg absent from brother Donnie's wedding to Jenny...
- 04:49 NRL Round 25 Live: Warriors host the Titans before Sea Eagles clash...
- 04:35 Missing chapter from Charlie And The Chocolate Factory by Road Dahl
- 04:07 Aussie NFL punter Brad Wing survives final round of cuts to make...
- 03:32 Suns hosts West Coast in first of Sunday's triple-header; teams...
- 02:58 Rumour Mill Live: Falcao interests City, Real; Chelsea, Arsenal in...
- 02:51 British brain tumour boy Ashya King found in Spain
- 02:46 Tasmania to urge Canberra to keep renewable energy target
- 02:05 USA crush Finland 114-55 in opening game of 2014 FIBA World Cup
- 02:05 Socceroos striker Scott McDonald scoring and setting up goals for...