Stewards to introduce stricter rules on social media use in racing industry
STEWARDS are looking at introducing stricter rules regarding the inappropriate use of social media in the future.
Racing Victoria Chief steward Terry Bailey said this was one of the matters which was discussed at this week's National Stewards Conference in Melbourne which would be forwarded to the Australian Racing Board.
"It's becoming more frequent and we'd like to introduce it as a specific rule of racing," Bailey said.
Bailey said they would like to introduce a more specific rule which included fines and suspensions.
"In Victoria we have a detailed policy outlining but nationally there have been several incidents of misuse of social media."
Bailey said the... read more
Most read news
- 22:25 Lukas Podolski, Kieran Gibbs salvage 2-1 win for Arsenal in Anderlecht
- 22:20 Short odds guaranteed as Shetland ponies compete in race to rival...
- 22:08 Ottawa shootings: Corporal Nathan Cirillo watched over sacred Tomb...
- 22:08 Ottawa shootings: Panic on Parliament Hill
- 22:08 Ottawa shooting: Malala Yousafzai due to receive honorary Canadian...
- 21:56 Cristiano Ronaldo leads Real Madrid to 3-0 win over Liverpool in...
- 21:38 Mick Fanning tells Sally Fitzgibbons to just "go for it' in battle...
- 21:29 Ottawa shootings: Heroic Sergeant-at-arms who shot dead gunman
- 21:26 Fast bowler Holly Ferling burns to take wickets for Queensland Fire
- 21:23 Swiss Indoors: Roger Federer and Rafael Nadal progress easily