Stewards to introduce stricter rules on social media use in racing industry
STEWARDS are looking at introducing stricter rules regarding the inappropriate use of social media in the future.
Racing Victoria Chief steward Terry Bailey said this was one of the matters which was discussed at this week's National Stewards Conference in Melbourne which would be forwarded to the Australian Racing Board.
"It's becoming more frequent and we'd like to introduce it as a specific rule of racing," Bailey said.
Bailey said they would like to introduce a more specific rule which included fines and suspensions.
"In Victoria we have a detailed policy outlining but nationally there have been several incidents of misuse of social media."
Bailey said the... read more
Most read news
- 21:50 Australian Michael Rogers wins his first Tour de France stage after...
- 21:50 Gorden Tallis says Broncos fans and players should move on from...
- 21:42 A hotel room Darius Boyd was staying in had $1500 worth of damage
- 21:33 Lana Del Rey says she's "slept with a lot of guys in the industry'
- 21:33 Offspring star Asher Keddie swaps awkward doctor for politician in...
- 20:17 Mass murderer Anders Behring Breivik "renounces violence' on third...
- 20:12 BREKKIE WRAP: Son stopped dad, Jason Browning, killing his alleged...
- 19:47 Sofia Vergara goes Gaga for Joe Manganiello
- 19:42 Tree planted in tribute to George Harrison killed by beetle...
- 19:19 Taylor Swift has a message for her ex BFF Selena Gomez as she turns...