NAB shuts down Qantas frequent flyer credit card loophole
MAN reaps 380,000 frequent flyer points for just $70. But if you're thinking about doing it too, you can't. NAB has shut down the loophole.
In January, the National Australia Bank offered 100 additional frequent flyer points for each purchase made on an NAB Qantas credit card. The problem was it didn't say how much you had to spend on each purchase.
According to BRW, Anthony Agius spotted the loophole and jumped on it. He made 7000 purchases of one cent each, mostly to CityLink - Melbourne's toll road operator.
"CityLink did call me, but they were mainly concerned with the fact my credit card may have been stolen, or that their billing system went crazy," Agius told BRW.... read more
Most read news
- 22:19 United Nations report on Syria details reality of living amid...
- 22:18 Angelina Jolie's ex gay lover Jenny Shimizu gets engaged
- 22:00 Fernando Torres goes to AC Milan on loan from Chelsea after costing...
- 22:00 NASCAR driver Tony Steawart opens up about fatal Kevin Ward crash
- 21:57 Mine collapse in Nicaragua traps 20 people alive underground, two...
- 21:09 One Direction's Liam Payne celebrates his 21st birthday in Chicago
- 20:56 Bernard Tomic pulls out of US Open after new injury setback
- 19:41 BREKKIE WRAP: "Rude' Myanmar beauty queen May Myat Noe stripped of...
- 19:12 South Africa beats Zimbabwe at Harare despite Prosper Utseya's...
- 18:41 Chelsea Clinton quits reporting job at NBC News