NAB shuts down Qantas frequent flyer credit card loophole
MAN reaps 380,000 frequent flyer points for just $70. But if you're thinking about doing it too, you can't. NAB has shut down the loophole.
In January, the National Australia Bank offered 100 additional frequent flyer points for each purchase made on an NAB Qantas credit card. The problem was it didn't say how much you had to spend on each purchase.
According to BRW, Anthony Agius spotted the loophole and jumped on it. He made 7000 purchases of one cent each, mostly to CityLink - Melbourne's toll road operator.
"CityLink did call me, but they were mainly concerned with the fact my credit card may have been stolen, or that their billing system went crazy," Agius told BRW.... read more
Most read news
- 19:14 US satirist John Oliver turns his attention to the Commonwealth Games
- 18:46 Shooter Laetisha Scanlan was packing up to go home before rallying...
- 18:37 A sombre Eid for Muslims worldwide
- 18:29 Get the silent treatment at retreat
- 17:13 Tax fraud case against Lionel Messi goes ahead
- 17:02 South Africa overtake Australia as top-ranked Test side after...
- 16:32 Peaches Geldof signed heroin "contract' in her own blood at the...
- 16:32 Sandra Bullock celebrates 50th birthday at Wyoming cowboy bar
- 15:32 One Direction's Zayn Malik gets death threats after tweeting...
- 15:20 Cannibals: Creepiest modern-day human flesh eaters