NAB shuts down Qantas frequent flyer credit card loophole
MAN reaps 380,000 frequent flyer points for just $70. But if you're thinking about doing it too, you can't. NAB has shut down the loophole.
In January, the National Australia Bank offered 100 additional frequent flyer points for each purchase made on an NAB Qantas credit card. The problem was it didn't say how much you had to spend on each purchase.
According to BRW, Anthony Agius spotted the loophole and jumped on it. He made 7000 purchases of one cent each, mostly to CityLink - Melbourne's toll road operator.
"CityLink did call me, but they were mainly concerned with the fact my credit card may have been stolen, or that their billing system went crazy," Agius told BRW.... read more
Most read news
- 20:21 Scottish independence referendum result
- 20:21 Brekkie Wrap: Daniel Zeitz, killed by teenager and her boyfriend...
- 20:07 Kendall Jenner "bullied by other models'; put out ciggies in her drink
- 20:07 Why is Lorde milking a plastic cow?
- 19:40 Bikini babe Pamela Anderson stuns in yellow bikini in Instagram...
- 19:40 Beyonce's father Matthew Knowles allegedly fathers third love child
- 18:40 Zach Braff says he is working on a new TV comedy with creator of...
- 18:10 Time's up on lavish gifts to FIFA as members told to return luxury...
- 17:58 Lewis Hamilton and Nico Rosberg agree on increased radio silence
- 17:58 Casey Dellacqua through to Pan Pacific Open quarter-finals; Jarmila...