Largest natural-birth baby arrives in Spain - 6.2 kilos
Big baby - Maria Lorena Marin weighed 6.2 kilos. Photo: Getty
Madrid: A 40-year-old British woman has given birth to the biggest baby ever born naturally in Spain - a girl weighing 6.2 kilos (13.6 pounds).
Maxime Marin delivered the baby at 4.43am local time on Wednesday at the Hospital Marina Salud in the Mediterranean city of Denia, the hospital said in a statement.
Larger babies are often delivered via caesarean section, but Ms Marin did not even need an epidural, a painkiller delivered into the spine during childbirth.
Ms Marin, who lives in Spain with her partner who is from Colombia, said she knew the baby would be big "but not that big", the statement said.
Advertisement... read more
Most read news
- 23:49 Qantas shocks with $2.8b full-year loss
- 23:42 Gas connection from Alice Springs to Moomba a pipedream, SA Energy...
- 23:37 Parramatta's Jarryd Hayne and Brad Arthur set to visit Super Bowl...
- 23:35 All the key numbers from South Africa's record-breaking win over...
- 23:31 ISIS recruits: Here's our "Islam for Dummies', especially for you
- 23:31 Islamic State claims to have executed 200 Syrian troops, shot down...
- 23:28 Daniel Ricciardo is poised for the most unlikely hat-trick of wins...
- 23:22 Live blog: Qantas announces full-year financial results
- 23:16 League Cup: Aston Villa, QPR stunned as Stoke, Sunderland ease through
- 22:53 Sam Soliman's world title fight shock after Jermain Taylor shooting...