Largest natural-birth baby arrives in Spain - 6.2 kilos
Big baby - Maria Lorena Marin weighed 6.2 kilos. Photo: Getty
Madrid: A 40-year-old British woman has given birth to the biggest baby ever born naturally in Spain - a girl weighing 6.2 kilos (13.6 pounds).
Maxime Marin delivered the baby at 4.43am local time on Wednesday at the Hospital Marina Salud in the Mediterranean city of Denia, the hospital said in a statement.
Larger babies are often delivered via caesarean section, but Ms Marin did not even need an epidural, a painkiller delivered into the spine during childbirth.
Ms Marin, who lives in Spain with her partner who is from Colombia, said she knew the baby would be big "but not that big", the statement said.
Advertisement... read more
Most read news
- 15:52 Attacks kill Ukraine mayor Oleg Babayev, bomb Andrii Sadovyi's house
- 15:35 Sprinting superstar Usain Bolt arrives at Glasgow Commonwealth...
- 15:21 Kevin Pietersen calls for England captain Alastair Cook to quit
- 15:21 Nico Rosberg on pole at Hungary Grand Prix, Lewis Hamilton's car...
- 15:21 Richmond's Royce Hart is one of many great goalkickers to wear...
- 15:21 No. 4 jumper worn by Tony Lockett, Gavin Wanganeen, Darrel Baldock,...
- 15:14 George Calombaris lists five favourite recipes from MasterChef...
- 15:13 Mastermind coach is on the wane: The real story behind Bennett's...
- 15:09 No more stewing over past for Masterchef contestant
- 14:23 Top combo's Buddy great end to the season for Stokes and Tourneur