Largest natural-birth baby arrives in Spain - 6.2 kilos
Big baby - Maria Lorena Marin weighed 6.2 kilos. Photo: Getty
Madrid: A 40-year-old British woman has given birth to the biggest baby ever born naturally in Spain - a girl weighing 6.2 kilos (13.6 pounds).
Maxime Marin delivered the baby at 4.43am local time on Wednesday at the Hospital Marina Salud in the Mediterranean city of Denia, the hospital said in a statement.
Larger babies are often delivered via caesarean section, but Ms Marin did not even need an epidural, a painkiller delivered into the spine during childbirth.
Ms Marin, who lives in Spain with her partner who is from Colombia, said she knew the baby would be big "but not that big", the statement said.
Advertisement... read more
Most read news
- 18:14 Wichita wins but T-shirt has Indiana State victory
- 17:58 LiLo plays the diva in her new reality show
- 17:58 Mad Men star Elisabeth Moss says marriage to Fred Armisen...
- 17:37 Ex-lover of Victoria's Secret CEO Sharen Turney writing tell-all...
- 16:26 Bayern prepare for Arsenal tie as club president Uli Hoeness goes...
- 13:59 Robin Thicke tells audiences "learn to forgive' after marriage split
- 13:30 Oscar Pistorius vomits at his murder trial during testimony about...
- 13:24 "Enabled' Amy Purdy dancing her way to the top but first it's time...
- 13:17 The Maleficent Seven. These are our least lovable sports teams
- 13:17 Gold Coast Suns look to tie up coach Guy McKenna, stars David...