Largest natural-birth baby arrives in Spain - 6.2 kilos
Big baby - Maria Lorena Marin weighed 6.2 kilos. Photo: Getty
Madrid: A 40-year-old British woman has given birth to the biggest baby ever born naturally in Spain - a girl weighing 6.2 kilos (13.6 pounds).
Maxime Marin delivered the baby at 4.43am local time on Wednesday at the Hospital Marina Salud in the Mediterranean city of Denia, the hospital said in a statement.
Larger babies are often delivered via caesarean section, but Ms Marin did not even need an epidural, a painkiller delivered into the spine during childbirth.
Ms Marin, who lives in Spain with her partner who is from Colombia, said she knew the baby would be big "but not that big", the statement said.
Advertisement... read more
Most read news
- 10:06 Gold Coast Suns scrap overseas altitude camp to allow new coach to...
- 10:06 Champion Data forecasts Port Adelaide poised for powerhouse status
- 10:06 Darren Glass discussing role with Adelaide from his Perth home
- 10:06 Adelaide risks losing Sam Durdin after trading pick 10 to Geelong
- 10:06 Patrick Kisnorbo goes from Melbourne Heart outcast last season to...
- 10:06 Port Adelaide and Oval win from AFL fixture for 2015 premiership...
- 09:44 Michael Cheika confirms he's been offered Wallabies job after Ewen...
- 09:21 Michael Cheika confirms he's been offered Wallabies coaching job...
- 09:03 LA Lakers' Julius Randle takes Aussie Jazz rookie Dante Exum to school
- 08:39 Live: Cox Plate 2014 barrier draw - Connections of fancied...