Largest natural-birth baby arrives in Spain - 6.2 kilos
Big baby - Maria Lorena Marin weighed 6.2 kilos. Photo: Getty
Madrid: A 40-year-old British woman has given birth to the biggest baby ever born naturally in Spain - a girl weighing 6.2 kilos (13.6 pounds).
Maxime Marin delivered the baby at 4.43am local time on Wednesday at the Hospital Marina Salud in the Mediterranean city of Denia, the hospital said in a statement.
Larger babies are often delivered via caesarean section, but Ms Marin did not even need an epidural, a painkiller delivered into the spine during childbirth.
Ms Marin, who lives in Spain with her partner who is from Colombia, said she knew the baby would be big "but not that big", the statement said.
Advertisement... read more
Most read news
- 07:38 Dubawi Gold wins $40,000 Coopers Flying Handicap at Balaklava
- 07:38 NRL casualty ward: 112 players - enough to fill up almost half the...
- 07:33 Lankan Rupee draws outside gate but primed for McEwen Stakes return
- 07:23 Tele's Lisa Mayoh has news for Mr Trinh: Mums not "lazy', we're too...
- 07:15 Davis Cup captain Pat Rafter says Nick Kyrgios will learn from...
- 07:13 Davis Cup captain Pat Rafter says Nick Kyrgios will learn from...
- 07:00 Chevron never wanted to house FIFO workers in Onslow, company reveals
- 06:58 Kiwi jockey David Walker faces second charge of head-to-head betting
- 06:58 Lewis Taylor pips Marcus Bontempelli by one vote to win Rising Star...
- 06:57 Inside Australia's ghost towns