Largest natural-birth baby arrives in Spain - 6.2 kilos
Big baby - Maria Lorena Marin weighed 6.2 kilos. Photo: Getty
Madrid: A 40-year-old British woman has given birth to the biggest baby ever born naturally in Spain - a girl weighing 6.2 kilos (13.6 pounds).
Maxime Marin delivered the baby at 4.43am local time on Wednesday at the Hospital Marina Salud in the Mediterranean city of Denia, the hospital said in a statement.
Larger babies are often delivered via caesarean section, but Ms Marin did not even need an epidural, a painkiller delivered into the spine during childbirth.
Ms Marin, who lives in Spain with her partner who is from Colombia, said she knew the baby would be big "but not that big", the statement said.
Advertisement... read more
Most read news
- 18:33 Arsenal stuns Aston Villa with quickfire win; Newcastle draws with...
- 18:10 Cristiano Ronaldo, Gareth Bale lead Real to eight goals
- 17:30 Gift of life: Matthew Campbell gives sister Jessica Bello a kidney
- 17:10 Suarez already a good signing: Barca boss Luis Enrique
- 17:03 Jonathan Trott denies Mitchell Johnson caused exit from England's...
- 16:24 Dozens of Turkish hostages freed by Islamic State group in Iraq
- 16:22 Lewis Hamilton on pole, Daniel Ricciardo third fastest at Singapore...
- 16:22 Western Sydney Wanderers defender Antony Golec says ACL semi their...
- 15:48 Adam Sarota returns to Brisbane Roar on loan after change of heart...
- 15:36 Former Gold Coast United defender Kristian Rees to return to old...