Jockey Tim Bell's future appears stable with fresh chances
IT'S back to the future for recently returned Tim Bell at Eagle Farm's George Moore Stakes meeting on Saturday.
Not only does Bell ride Ollie Vollie for his mentor Sue Grills in the feature race, but he has also picked up the ride on Sookie for his former employer Patinack Farm in the Mode Plate.
Bell, who was back in the winning groove on Magnetic Miss at Doomben yesterday, upped stumps in September to try his hand in the pressure cooker of Melbourne racing, but he admits the timing was wrong.
"I never had a major stable behind me and then right in the middle of the carnival I was suspended for two and a half weeks which put me out of the carnival," he said.
"My intentions... read more
Most read news
- 17:50 Jerry Seinfeld king of the kids on summer break
- 17:47 American missionary with Ebola Nancy Writebol "fighting' in hospital
- 16:50 Ex-Man U manager David Moyes won't face action after bar scuffle
- 16:27 Beyonce refutes marriage split rumours with pic of Jay Z and...
- 16:23 South Africa's Jacques Kallis retires from international cricket
- 16:14 Alcohol is killing 15 Australians a day and experts want tough new...
- 16:02 David Jones kicks off the spring/summer season: Jessica Gomes led...
- 15:56 Is Natalie Imbruglia dating Justin Hemmes?
- 15:16 David Jones kicks off the spring/summer season
- 15:14 Dale Morris signs contract extension to stay at the Western Bulldogs