Jockey Tim Bell's future appears stable with fresh chances
IT'S back to the future for recently returned Tim Bell at Eagle Farm's George Moore Stakes meeting on Saturday.
Not only does Bell ride Ollie Vollie for his mentor Sue Grills in the feature race, but he has also picked up the ride on Sookie for his former employer Patinack Farm in the Mode Plate.
Bell, who was back in the winning groove on Magnetic Miss at Doomben yesterday, upped stumps in September to try his hand in the pressure cooker of Melbourne racing, but he admits the timing was wrong.
"I never had a major stable behind me and then right in the middle of the carnival I was suspended for two and a half weeks which put me out of the carnival," he said.
"My intentions... read more
Most read news
- 01:58 Alan Richardson says Saints have identified need to lift defensive...
- 01:50 Peaches Geldof was to appear on Foxtel's Australia's Next Top Model...
- 01:47 Mark Webber says Red Bull is no longer the Formula 1 benchmark
- 01:42 Minor league baseball team, the Brooklyn Cyclones, to host Seinfeld...
- 01:32 Families of passengers on ferry Sewol, which sank off South Korea,...
- 01:32 Rate the Broncos, Cowboys and Titans players over the Easter weekend
- 01:13 England should snap up Sam Robson for Test battles, says Australia...
- 01:03 Jerry Seinfeld's 10 most hilarious quotes
- 01:03 Fifteen things you didn't know about Prince George and the Duke and...
- 00:57 We look at the big questions looming ahead of this weekend's...