Jockey Tim Bell's future appears stable with fresh chances
IT'S back to the future for recently returned Tim Bell at Eagle Farm's George Moore Stakes meeting on Saturday.
Not only does Bell ride Ollie Vollie for his mentor Sue Grills in the feature race, but he has also picked up the ride on Sookie for his former employer Patinack Farm in the Mode Plate.
Bell, who was back in the winning groove on Magnetic Miss at Doomben yesterday, upped stumps in September to try his hand in the pressure cooker of Melbourne racing, but he admits the timing was wrong.
"I never had a major stable behind me and then right in the middle of the carnival I was suspended for two and a half weeks which put me out of the carnival," he said.
"My intentions... read more
Most read news
- 02:57 Chandler Bing's 20 best one-liners to celebrate the 20th...
- 02:50 Penrith Panthers hold secret training session on Bulldogs turf in...
- 02:47 Video: NFL fans brawl at 49ers v Cardinals and Eagles v Washington
- 02:45 US airstrikes begin against Islamic State jihadists in Syria as...
- 02:39 Departing Manly Sea Eagle Glenn Stewart says veterans don't believe...
- 01:59 Ryder Cup comeback: Europe's unbelievable win relived
- 01:51 British actor Tom Hardy married Charlotte Riley in secret two...
- 01:32 Big retailers attack competition law review draft report
- 01:30 How would you lay your pet to rest?
- 01:25 Rumour Mill: Socceroos star's loan deal; City eye Barkley, Arsenal...