Jockey Tim Bell's future appears stable with fresh chances
IT'S back to the future for recently returned Tim Bell at Eagle Farm's George Moore Stakes meeting on Saturday.
Not only does Bell ride Ollie Vollie for his mentor Sue Grills in the feature race, but he has also picked up the ride on Sookie for his former employer Patinack Farm in the Mode Plate.
Bell, who was back in the winning groove on Magnetic Miss at Doomben yesterday, upped stumps in September to try his hand in the pressure cooker of Melbourne racing, but he admits the timing was wrong.
"I never had a major stable behind me and then right in the middle of the carnival I was suspended for two and a half weeks which put me out of the carnival," he said.
"My intentions... read more
Most read news
- 15:52 Attacks kill Ukraine mayor Oleg Babayev, bomb Andrii Sadovyi's house
- 15:35 Sprinting superstar Usain Bolt arrives at Glasgow Commonwealth...
- 15:21 Kevin Pietersen calls for England captain Alastair Cook to quit
- 15:21 Nico Rosberg on pole at Hungary Grand Prix, Lewis Hamilton's car...
- 15:21 Richmond's Royce Hart is one of many great goalkickers to wear...
- 15:21 No. 4 jumper worn by Tony Lockett, Gavin Wanganeen, Darrel Baldock,...
- 15:13 Mastermind coach is on the wane: The real story behind Bennett's...
- 15:09 Rick Rubin says third album from Angus and Julia Stone is first...
- 15:09 No more stewing over past for Masterchef contestant
- 14:23 Top combo's Buddy great end to the season for Stokes and Tourneur