Jockey Tim Bell's future appears stable with fresh chances
IT'S back to the future for recently returned Tim Bell at Eagle Farm's George Moore Stakes meeting on Saturday.
Not only does Bell ride Ollie Vollie for his mentor Sue Grills in the feature race, but he has also picked up the ride on Sookie for his former employer Patinack Farm in the Mode Plate.
Bell, who was back in the winning groove on Magnetic Miss at Doomben yesterday, upped stumps in September to try his hand in the pressure cooker of Melbourne racing, but he admits the timing was wrong.
"I never had a major stable behind me and then right in the middle of the carnival I was suspended for two and a half weeks which put me out of the carnival," he said.
"My intentions... read more
Most read news
- 01:56 Ash cloud from Papua New Guinea's Tavurcur volcano may disrupt...
- 01:55 The one tourist mistake never to make
- 01:53 Port Adelaide stock up emergencies for Fremantle showdown in Perth
- 01:53 Visionstream's Tasmanian workers fear for jobs amid delay in NBN...
- 01:41 Qantas loyalty program a standout earner
- 01:36 David Murray warns Australia's financial risks concentrated in real...
- 01:33 Australian triathlete Dan Wilson left without bike before Canadian...
- 01:02 Nick Kyrgios keeps dream alive with big win in second round of US Open
- 01:02 Stanislas Wawrinka tells "drunk' fan to shut up at US Open
- 01:00 Japanese editor apologises for calling the Nick "The Honey Badger'...