Jockey Tim Bell's future appears stable with fresh chances
IT'S back to the future for recently returned Tim Bell at Eagle Farm's George Moore Stakes meeting on Saturday.
Not only does Bell ride Ollie Vollie for his mentor Sue Grills in the feature race, but he has also picked up the ride on Sookie for his former employer Patinack Farm in the Mode Plate.
Bell, who was back in the winning groove on Magnetic Miss at Doomben yesterday, upped stumps in September to try his hand in the pressure cooker of Melbourne racing, but he admits the timing was wrong.
"I never had a major stable behind me and then right in the middle of the carnival I was suspended for two and a half weeks which put me out of the carnival," he said.
"My intentions... read more
Most read news
- 15:34 Malaysia Airlines flight MH370: Jet's disappearance remains a...
- 13:59 Robin Thicke tells audiences "learn to forgive' after marriage split
- 13:54 Drug lord Nazario Moreno is killed in Mexico
- 13:30 Oscar Pistorius vomits at his murder trial during testimony about...
- 13:24 "Enabled' Amy Purdy dancing her way to the top but first it's time...
- 13:17 Gold Coast Suns look to tie up coach Guy McKenna, stars David...
- 13:15 Kidnapped nuns freed in prisoner swap in Syria
- 13:12 NRL clamps down on concussions as link between shoulder charges and...
- 13:12 Harness racing owner and trainer banned from sport for six months...
- 13:02 Kim Jong-Un's sister, Kim Yo-Jong, makes first official appearance...