Hazem El Masri stands by comments that Sonny Bill Williams should be banned from the NRL
CANTERBURY great Hazem El Masri has stood by his comments that Sonny Bill Williams should never have been allowed back into the NRL, but says he bears no ill will towards Sydney Roosters recruit.
Prior to Williams' return to rugby league this season, El Masri famously said the dual international should not be allowed back in the game he walked away from mid-season in acrimonious circumstances in 2008.
Three games in and El Masri said Williams was again on his way to becoming one of the game's best players but he had no doubt Bulldogs fans would show him they hadn't forgotten during the April 11 match at Allianz Stadium.
"I hold no grudges. I have no animosity against anyone but it is... read more
Most read news
- 20:29 Unearthed: Adelaide Strikers batsmen Jono Dean talks about his...
- 20:00 Australia v Pakistan, second Test: Brad Haddin OK to bat despite...
- 17:53 Lindsay Lohan denies claims she and Tom Cruise are dating
- 17:28 Quade Cooper returns to Wallaby first IX with new tricks
- 16:42 World's leading goalscorer Aleksandar Duric retires aged 44
- 16:22 Ebola nurse Kaci Hickox ordered by judge to stay away from public
- 15:35 Knee injury likely to sideline City star David Silva for a month
- 14:46 Stars vie for weirdest Halloween costume
- 14:34 How Chris Hemsworth blazed a trail from Home and Away to Hollywood
- 14:34 Australia v West Indies: Southern Stars bowler Sarah Coyte ready...