Boomers star Ben Madgen out of China series with ankle injury
AUSTRALIAN Boomers and Sydney Kings player Ben Madgen has been ruled out of the rest of the four-match Australia-China basketball series with an ankle injury.
Madgen, 28, sustained a right ankle subtalar dislocation during training only a day after the understrength Boomers' opening 61-55 loss to China at Perth Arena on Saturday night.
Team medical staff stabilised his injury at the scene and he was taken by ambulance to Sir Charles Gairdner Hospital in Perth.
Madgen was heavily sedated and the ankle was successfully relocated. He remained in hospital on Saturday night and will be discharged on Sunday.
The full extent of the injury and recovery timetable will be determined when Madgen return read more
Most read news
- 15:26 Sean Penn's daughter, Dylan Penn, approves of Charlize Theron
- 15:24 Sam Burgess arrives in Bath ready to give it his all but only after...
- 15:19 Burkina Faso parliament set ablaze in protests over president
- 15:16 Direct Action passes the Senate with support of Palmer United Party
- 14:44 White guy parodies catcall video after New York street harassment...
- 14:39 Michael Clarke's wishes not met as Alex Doolan axed in favour of...
- 14:16 Pakistan v Australia 2014: relive our blog from day one of second...
- 14:02 Pakistan v Australia 2014: Michael Clarke's men in trouble after...
- 13:56 Ryder Cup player Jamie Donaldson swears at TV camera crew during...
- 13:33 Sam Burgess begins journey to reach 2015 Rugby World Cup with media...