Boomers star Ben Madgen out of China series with ankle injury
AUSTRALIAN Boomers and Sydney Kings player Ben Madgen has been ruled out of the rest of the four-match Australia-China basketball series with an ankle injury.
Madgen, 28, sustained a right ankle subtalar dislocation during training only a day after the understrength Boomers' opening 61-55 loss to China at Perth Arena on Saturday night.
Team medical staff stabilised his injury at the scene and he was taken by ambulance to Sir Charles Gairdner Hospital in Perth.
Madgen was heavily sedated and the ankle was successfully relocated. He remained in hospital on Saturday night and will be discharged on Sunday.
The full extent of the injury and recovery timetable will be determined when Madgen return read more
Most read news
- 19:56 Championship side Leeds United sack manager Darko Milanic after...
- 19:39 Luis Suarez Barcelona debut falls flat as Real Madrid win El...
- 19:25 Alexis Sanchez scores brace as Arsenal return to winners' circle...
- 19:09 Iranian woman hanged for killing man she said tried to rape her
- 19:09 BREKKIE WRAP: Claudia Burkill, 8, who was deemed "the first person...
- 18:59 Mario Balotelli fails to find the target again as Liverpool held at...
- 18:59 Leading by two strokes, Scott Hend looks for second Asian Tour...
- 18:49 Justin Poore calls it quits after injury to his knee
- 18:34 West Ham United charge up to fourth after pulling off shock...
- 18:34 Murray beats top seed Ferrer in Valencia Open semis