Boomers star Ben Madgen out of China series with ankle injury
AUSTRALIAN Boomers and Sydney Kings player Ben Madgen has been ruled out of the rest of the four-match Australia-China basketball series with an ankle injury.
Madgen, 28, sustained a right ankle subtalar dislocation during training only a day after the understrength Boomers' opening 61-55 loss to China at Perth Arena on Saturday night.
Team medical staff stabilised his injury at the scene and he was taken by ambulance to Sir Charles Gairdner Hospital in Perth.
Madgen was heavily sedated and the ankle was successfully relocated. He remained in hospital on Saturday night and will be discharged on Sunday.
The full extent of the injury and recovery timetable will be determined when Madgen return read more
Most read news
- 00:54 Oscar Pistorius sells Pretoria home where his girlfriend Reeva...
- 00:53 Keith Urban reveals his disgust after girl fan allegedly raped at...
- 00:23 Aussie Michelle Jenneke takes hip jiggling dance into Commonwealth...
- 00:23 Sally Pearson takes aim at disgraced head coach Eric Hollingsworth
- 00:23 Frank Lampard set to join Manchester City on loan, ending hopes of...
- 00:11 Dustin Johnson has been suspended for drugs violation
- 23:55 Usain Bolt says Commonwealth Games gold very important to him
- 23:31 Christina Aguilera shows off her naked baby body in V magazine
- 23:31 Orlando Bloom says: "I'm everyone's hero for bashing Bieber'
- 23:24 US senators challenge NFL and Baltimore Ravens over "inadequate'...