Boomers star Ben Madgen out of China series with ankle injury
AUSTRALIAN Boomers and Sydney Kings player Ben Madgen has been ruled out of the rest of the four-match Australia-China basketball series with an ankle injury.
Madgen, 28, sustained a right ankle subtalar dislocation during training only a day after the understrength Boomers' opening 61-55 loss to China at Perth Arena on Saturday night.
Team medical staff stabilised his injury at the scene and he was taken by ambulance to Sir Charles Gairdner Hospital in Perth.
Madgen was heavily sedated and the ankle was successfully relocated. He remained in hospital on Saturday night and will be discharged on Sunday.
The full extent of the injury and recovery timetable will be determined when Madgen return read more
Most read news
- 21:53 Usain Bolt plays promotional cricket match with Indian legends...
- 21:36 Britney Spears spent $33,000 on her dogs
- 21:24 England embarrassed by India in fourth ODI as pressure mounts on...
- 21:16 Joan Rivers remained in hospital and faces slow road to recovery,...
- 21:16 Sir Cliff Richard staying out of row between BBC and police after...
- 21:02 Mud baths, hot springs, Bizarre beauty treatments around the world
- 20:52 Steven Sotloff "beheaded' by Islamic State according to new video
- 20:27 Police drop arrest warrant for parents of British brain tumour boy...
- 19:49 Boomers stun Lithuania with FIBA World Cup win
- 19:31 Mitchell Marsh spearheads 62-run Australian win over South Africa...