Boomers star Ben Madgen out of China series with ankle injury
AUSTRALIAN Boomers and Sydney Kings player Ben Madgen has been ruled out of the rest of the four-match Australia-China basketball series with an ankle injury.
Madgen, 28, sustained a right ankle subtalar dislocation during training only a day after the understrength Boomers' opening 61-55 loss to China at Perth Arena on Saturday night.
Team medical staff stabilised his injury at the scene and he was taken by ambulance to Sir Charles Gairdner Hospital in Perth.
Madgen was heavily sedated and the ankle was successfully relocated. He remained in hospital on Saturday night and will be discharged on Sunday.
The full extent of the injury and recovery timetable will be determined when Madgen return read more
Most read news
- 13:06 Four minutes with George Clooney on his new film The Monuments Men
- 13:06 Aaron Paul stars in new movie Need for Speed after role in Breaking...
- 13:06 Australia's pop princess Jess Mauboy unveils her demons in new...
- 13:06 Kylie talks about love, life, The Voice and her new album Kiss Me Once
- 12:47 Larry Cassidy: 'It's the addiction of putting your leg over a nice...
- 12:39 Star Trek actor Chris Pine faces drink driving charge in New Zealand
- 12:24 Dumosa aims to kick start 2014 jumping season in style at Oakbank
- 12:19 Kevin Muscat defends his decision to rest big names in Asian...
- 09:57 AFL chief Andrew Demetriou says Brisbane Lions could be in for more...
- 09:06 Kookai launch their new fashion collection