Boomers star Ben Madgen out of China series with ankle injury
AUSTRALIAN Boomers and Sydney Kings player Ben Madgen has been ruled out of the rest of the four-match Australia-China basketball series with an ankle injury.
Madgen, 28, sustained a right ankle subtalar dislocation during training only a day after the understrength Boomers' opening 61-55 loss to China at Perth Arena on Saturday night.
Team medical staff stabilised his injury at the scene and he was taken by ambulance to Sir Charles Gairdner Hospital in Perth.
Madgen was heavily sedated and the ankle was successfully relocated. He remained in hospital on Saturday night and will be discharged on Sunday.
The full extent of the injury and recovery timetable will be determined when Madgen return read more
Most read news
- 14:25 St George Illawarra coach Paul McGregor to review club salary cap...
- 14:25 Mercedes discipline Nico Rosberg over crash that took teammate...
- 14:11 Controversial referee error left Broncos struggling when they...
- 14:06 Former Playboy bunny Brandi Brandt jailed for three years over...
- 13:49 Brisbane keep finals hopes alive, seeing off the Dragons 30-22 and...
- 13:49 Hawthorn warm up for September with a ruthless display to end...
- 13:46 Critics silenced as Queen rocks Rod Laver in sold-out show
- 13:46 Madonna song Two Steps Behind Me slams Lady Gaga
- 13:22 Iron ore producers, miners under pressure as spot price nearing...
- 13:22 Karl Stefanovic: A look inside the world of the TV king