Boomers star Ben Madgen out of China series with ankle injury
AUSTRALIAN Boomers and Sydney Kings player Ben Madgen has been ruled out of the rest of the four-match Australia-China basketball series with an ankle injury.
Madgen, 28, sustained a right ankle subtalar dislocation during training only a day after the understrength Boomers' opening 61-55 loss to China at Perth Arena on Saturday night.
Team medical staff stabilised his injury at the scene and he was taken by ambulance to Sir Charles Gairdner Hospital in Perth.
Madgen was heavily sedated and the ankle was successfully relocated. He remained in hospital on Saturday night and will be discharged on Sunday.
The full extent of the injury and recovery timetable will be determined when Madgen return read more
Most read news
- 00:32 EPL wrap: Burnley graft out another 0-0 draw; Newcastle leave it...
- 00:07 Barcelona sing praises of Luis Suarez despite striker yet to...
- 23:55 Charlotte Pass ski resort in NSW closes before all other resorts...
- 23:38 Rich hippies: Six figures, Chanel and enlightenment
- 23:15 Video: Mesut Ozil, Danny Welbeck, Raheem Sterling, Papiss Cisse all...
- 23:02 WA government seeks to protect Woodside interest in Browse
- 22:46 Angela Mollard: Ditch your routines every once in a while
- 22:39 Victor Wanyama sends Southampton into second on EPL table as...
- 22:17 Cristiano Ronaldo, Gareth Bale star as Real Madrid smack eight past...
- 21:45 West Ham United pull off big shock as early strikes prove too much...