Bernard Tomic's father John guilty of assaulting tennis player
THE father of tennis ace Bernard Tomic has been found guilty of an assault on another player and handed a suspended eight months sentence.
A court in Madrid today ruled Ivana John Tomic did headbutt Bernard Tomic's French tennis practice partner Thomas Drouet in May this year outside a hotel in the Spanish capital.
While he was sentenced to eight months jail, the sentence was suspended for him to be of good behaviour for a set period of time.
But the sentence is likely to see Tomic Snr, who is still listed as his son's coach, banned from all ATP tournaments. The ATP had banned him pending the outcome of the court case.
"This is good news," Drout, 30, said today of... read more
Most read news
- 17:26 Comedian Hannibal Buress calls Bill Cosby a "rapist' during...
- 17:15 Oscar Pistorius banned from Rio Paralympics
- 16:36 United States health authorities release new guidelines for...
- 16:26 Stephen Collins "won't be prosecuted'
- 16:09 Shia LeBeouf was "acting like a crazy person', Alan Cumming says,...
- 15:42 Orlando Bloom, Selena Gomez spark rumours of a romance after being...
- 14:42 Syrian father stones "adulterous' daughter to death in video shared...
- 14:31 A Canadian soldier has died after a "terror attack' by suspect...
- 14:20 Renee Zellweger looks unrecognisable as she steps out in Hollywood
- 14:17 Australia's Field Marshall Noel Derwort compares Islamic State's...