Bernard Tomic's father John guilty of assaulting tennis player
THE father of tennis ace Bernard Tomic has been found guilty of an assault on another player and handed a suspended eight months sentence.
A court in Madrid today ruled Ivana John Tomic did headbutt Bernard Tomic's French tennis practice partner Thomas Drouet in May this year outside a hotel in the Spanish capital.
While he was sentenced to eight months jail, the sentence was suspended for him to be of good behaviour for a set period of time.
But the sentence is likely to see Tomic Snr, who is still listed as his son's coach, banned from all ATP tournaments. The ATP had banned him pending the outcome of the court case.
"This is good news," Drout, 30, said today of... read more
Most read news
- 21:46 Pilot is missing after US military jet crashes in Virginia
- 21:38 The hospital room for people so obese, its roof had to be...
- 21:26 David Barajas acquitted of killing drink driver who killed his two...
- 21:21 Record partnership between AB de Villiers and Faf du Plessis hands...
- 21:15 The X Factor judge Redfoo allegedly attacked in violent glassing at...
- 21:02 Agnieszka Radwanska knocked out of US Open vy Peng Shuai
- 20:30 Paris Hilton's brother Conrad Hilton, 19, in car accident as...
- 20:18 Oprah Winfrey to play comedian Richard Pryor's brothel-running...
- 20:14 Lara Bingle topless and nude with Sam Worthington In Hawaii
- 19:45 Selena Gomez photo shows that Justin Bieber is still very much in...